Antonio Papageorgiou is a partner in the New York office of Lombard Geliebter and leads the Patent Practice. Bringing over 19 years of IP experience to the table, he advises clients on all aspects of intellectual property law, including patent and trademark application preparation and prosecution, appeals, enforcement, and defense, in a broad range of technology, including computers and electronics, software and business methods, and medical devices.
Prior to LG, Mr. Papageorgiou was a partner at Meister Seelig & Fein LLP. Prior to that, he was in-house patent counsel for Cantor Fitzgerald L.P., noted for having established an efficient patent strategy that resulted in a substantial increase in the number and quality of the company’s patents. Before becoming an attorney, Antonio was an engineer for the Federal Aviation Administration where he designed and supervised installation of systems and facilities that supported air traffic control, including UHF, VHF, and microwave communications systems, instrument and visual landing systems, RADAR systems, middle and outer markers, approach lighting, and facility power and mechanical systems.
Mr. Papageorgiou has represented clients in various administrative and judicial proceedings, including inter partes reviews, reexaminations, and proceedings before U.S. District Courts and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- JD, St. John’s University School of Law, cum laude, law review BCE, City College of New York
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit United States Patent and Trademark Office
Prior to his in-house experience at Cantor Fitzgerald L.P, Mr. Papageorgiou was a partner at Ostrow Kaufman LLP where he managed the firm’s patent and trademark prosecution practice. Mr. Papageorgiou worked as an Associate at prominent New York law firms, including Brown Raysman Millstein Felder & Steiner, LLP.
- In Re Three-Dimensional Media, No. 11-1055 (Fed. Cir. 2011) – represented Patent Owner in an appeal from the final decision by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office in a reexamination proceeding initiated by a defendant in a then pending patent infringement action.
- eSpeed, Inc. V Brokertec USA, LLC (Fed. Cir. 2006; SDTX 2004) – represented the plaintiff in a patent infringement action alleging infringement of the company’s patents relating to securities trading technology.
- Adage Enterprise, Inc. v. Attitudes in Dressing, Inc. (SDNY 2016) – represented plaintiff in an action alleging infringement of design patents relating to ballet shoes.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V. et al v. YiFang USA, Inc. (D. Del 2015) – represented defendant against allegations of infringement of patents relating to tablet and smart phone touch screen technology.
- YETI Coolers, LLC v. Kaiser Group Inc. (WDTX) – represented defendants in an action alleging infringement of trade dress in insulated drink ware.
- Tissue Anchor Innovations LLC v. ASTORA Women’s Health, LLC (EDVA) – represented plaintiffs for infringement of patents relating to tissue anchor technology.
- Magnacross LLC v. Yifang USA Inc. d/b/a (EDTX 2015); Red Anvil LLC v. Yifang USA Inc. d/b/a (EDTX 2015); MLR, LLC v. Yifang USA, Inc. (EDVA 2015); and Long Corner Consumer Electronics LLC v. Yifang USA Inc. (EDTX 2014) – represented defendant in patent infringement actions alleged by Non-Practicing Entities (NPEs).
- Createthe Group, Inc. v. GeoTag, Inc. (SDNY 2013); Geotag, Inc. v. Burberry Limited et al. (EDTX 2012, EDNY 2012) – represented defendants in patent infringement actions and plaintiff in a declaratory judgment action against NPE.
- comScore, Inc. v. Moat, Inc. et al. (EDVA 2012) – represented plaintiff in patent infringement action for technology relating Internet advertising.
- Intregen Holdings PTE LTD v. GO800, LLC et al (SDNY 2011) – represented plaintiff in an action alleging theft of trade secrets and infringement of patents related to click-to-call and text-to-call technology.
- Mercedes Benz LLC. v. Advanced Media Networks, LLC (IPR2016-01253 and IPR2016-01255); VIASAT, Inc. v. Advanced Media Networks, LLC (IPR2016-00628, IPR2016-00629, IPR2016-00795 and IPR2016-00796); T-Mobile US, Inc et al. v. Advanced Media Networks, LLC (IPR2016-00347 and IPR2016-00349) – defended validity of patents relating to telecommunications technology.
- Adjunct Professor, St. John’s University School of Law, Patent Preparation and Prosecution, 2016 – present
RECENT LG NEWS
LG Partner Antonio Papageorgiou was interviewed by Forbes.com